New vaccine tool which can protect against known and possible future versions of the CTB-Locker, Locky and TeslaCrypt crypto ransomware
“The new tool is an outgrowth of the Cryptowall vaccine program, in a way.” Chief Security Strategist Catalin Cosoi explained. “We had been looking at ways to prevent this ransomware from encrypting files even on computers that were not protected by Bitdefender antivirus and we realized we could extend the idea.”
A study conducted by Bitdefender in November 2015 on 3,009 Internet users from the US, France, Germany, Denmark, the UK and Romania offers a victim’s perspective on data loss through crypto-ransomware:
- 50% of users can’t accurately identify ransomware as a type of threat that prevents or limits access to computer data.
- Half of victims are willing to pay up to $500 to recover encrypted data.
- Personal documents rank first among user priorities.
- UK consumers would pay most to retrieve files
- US users are the main target for ransomware.
Please click here to download this small program that can help block ransomware virus’s (we have check it here at PC Zone) BDAntiRansomwareSetup